Van Duynhoven Garden Service Ltd.
provides maintenance for residential, strata and commercial properties, including churches and care homes.
Our company began operating in the exclusive Shaughnessy area of Vancouver. Over the years we have added many types of properties throughout the Lower Mainland while maintaining a high standard of care to each. Staff are trained to strive for quality work over volume while still completing tasks efficiently.
We provide quality garden care with a variety of options for garden maintenance to fit each site’s needs. Frequency of service is offered weekly, biweekly, or on-call as needed. Beds are cleaned, weeded, cultivated and finished with a sharp edge. Cultivating provides aeration to the shrub root system along with improved penetration of water and nutrients. Soil erosion is kept in check by edging the beds allowing for higher quality of border along existing lawn areas.
- Each bed is cultivated to a minimum depth of 3-4”
- Weeds are removed, not turned over
- Debris is raked or blown out
- Beds are edged along lawns and gardens
- Fertilizer and nutrient appropriate to the shrubbery, season and blooming requirements is discussed and scheduled
- Topping up beds to refresh or add organic matter to improve shrub health
A maintenance program can be established for every property’s needs and budget. Lawn cuts can be provided weekly or biweekly depending on fertilization, lawn condition, weather patterns and amount of irrigation. Occasional cuts can also be provided for people away on vacation or for special occasions.
With each lawn cut you can expect quality service with:
- Straight lines
- An even cut
- A change in direction with each cut to minimize rutting
- The length of grass adapted to accommodate weather or shade
- Sharp edges along gardens and walkways
- Leaves and debris on lawn area and surrounding walks removed
A site consultation will determine the existing condition of your lawn and give options to improve it if desired such as:
- Type of cut desired – whether to cut with a reel or rotary
- Mower heights
- Fertilizer and moss control options and schedules specific to site
- Aeration, de-thatching, top dressing and over seeding options
- Weed control
- Irrigation deficiencies or concerns
- Drainage concerns
With over 32 years of experience in pruning, we have extensive plant knowledge and understanding of the natural shape for each plant. Developing a long term plan for the future desired growth for each plant is discussed, taking into account your personal tastes and the plant’s health, allowing us to adapt our pruning techniques to your site’s needs. A couple of well placed cuts early on can avoid major pruning renovations later in the plant’s growth. Our crews are trained and are regularly updating their pruning skills.
Our pruning includes:
- Fruit tree and berries – pruning to increase fruit and improve aethestics
- Espaliered trees and shrubs – apples, pears, peach, plums
- Ornamental trees and shrubs
- Shearing hedges and shrubs
- Feather pruning
- Pompom – bonsai shaping
- Pruning to renovate – shrubs, hedges, trees
- Pruning to reduce pests and diseases
- Pruning to repair damage and breakage
- Repairing damaged or fallen hedge work